This Learning Chinese Super Package includes an Easy-Read pen, 29 selected compatible Chinese audiobooks, a USB cable, a battery charger, a simulation Point-and-Read device, a MP3 play card, a User’s guide and other accessories.
Easy-Read pen is one product of E-reading pens, a pen-shaped book reader onto which audio from specific books can be downloaded. It reads aloud corresponding Chinese and/or English words, phrases, paragraphs, or dialogues when scanned across compatible images or texts of paper books, a new technique of Point and Read.
When Easy-Read Pen scans across book pages, either images or texts, the corresponding Chinese words, phrases, paragraphs, or dialogues are read out loudly in clear mandarin, a new technique of Point and Read. Please see E-reading pen: an interactive tool to learn Chinese for more details.
The 29 audiobooks included are:
- Three books of 600 Chinese Characters for Preschoolers, divided by the age group, are for preschoolers to learn 600 basic Chinese characters: Chinese Characters for Age 2-3, Chinese Characters for Age 3-4 and Chinese Characters for age 4-5. Each book has 56 pages.
- Eight Baby's First Audiobooks that are excellent for baby's early education: Chinese Characters, Chinese Stories, Chinese Traditional Cultural Studies, Numbers & Math, Thinking Skills, Science, Music and English Stories. Children can hear the instructions when the Easy-Read Pen touches a text or drawing on the pages.
- Eight timeless World Classic Fairy Tales 1 including:The Frog Prince, The Snow White, Little Red Riding Hood, The Adventure of Pinocchio, The Happy Prince, The Emperor’s New Clothes, The Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella.
- Four Chinese Traditional Cultural Studies audiobooks: Chéngyu, the Analects of Confucius (Children’s Edition), the Three Character Classic and Tang Poems. All books have 248 pages.
The 248-page Chéngyu features an excellent selection of popular Chengyu, often referred to as Chinese idioms or four-character idioms. Chengyu, or Chinese idioms, are a type of traditional Chinese idiomatic expressions, most of which consist of four characters. Chengyu were widely used in classical Chinese and are still common in vernacular Chinese writing and spoken Chinese today.
- Two Nursery Rhymes (Chinese & English): Chinese Nursery Rhymes and English Nursery Rhymes. These two books feature an excellent selection of short and sweet Chinese/English nursery rhymes perfect for babies and young children.
- Four Easy-Read Chinese Audiobooks: Baby Loves Learning. This package includes four simple books that are excellent for baby's early education: Words, Numbers & Math, Pinyin and Bilingual Vocabulary Basics.
For limited warranty, returns & exchanges of the E-reading pen, please see Q & A about E-Reading Pen
for more details.
Here is a demo video for 600 Chinese Characters for Preschoolers
. Please enable your computer audio and increase the speaker volume so that you can hear the sound track.
Demo Video for 600 Chinese Characters for Preschoolers (3 Easy-Read Bilingual Audiobooks)
My two-year-old daughter is using the Easy-Read pen to learn Chinese words and phrases by herself. For more information, please visit The resources my twins are using to acquire Chinese