This Learning Chinese Complete Package includes an Easy-Read pen, 39 selected compatible Chinese audiobooks, a USB cable, a battery charger, a simulation Point-and-Read device, a MP3 play card, a User’s guide and other accessories.
Easy-Read pen is one product of E-reading pens, a pen-shaped book reader onto which audio from specific books can be downloaded. It reads aloud corresponding Chinese and/or English words, phrases, paragraphs, or dialogues when scanned across compatible images or texts of paper books, a new technique of Point and Read.
When Easy-Read Pen scans across book pages, either images or texts, the corresponding Chinese words, phrases, paragraphs, or dialogues are read out loudly in clear mandarin, a new technique of Point and Read. Please see E-reading pen: an interactive tool to learn Chinese for more details.
The 39 audiobooks included are:
- Three books of 600 Chinese Characters for Preschoolers, divided by the age group, are for preschoolers to learn 600 basic Chinese characters: Chinese Characters for Age 2-3, Chinese Characters for Age 3-4 and Chinese Characters for age 4-5. Each book has 56 pages.
- Four Chinese Traditional Cultural Studies audiobooks: Chéngyu, the Analects of Confucius (Children’s Edition), the Three Character Classic and Tang Poems. All books have 248 pages.
The 248-page Chéngyu features an excellent selection of popular Chengyu, often referred to as Chinese idioms or four-character idioms. Chengyu, or Chinese idioms, are a type of traditional Chinese idiomatic expressions, most of which consist of four characters. Chengyu were widely used in classical Chinese and are still common in vernacular Chinese writing and spoken Chinese today.
- Eight timeless World Classic Fairy Tales 1 including:The Frog Prince, The Snow White, Little Red Riding Hood, The Adventure of Pinocchio, The Happy Prince, The Emperor’s New Clothes, The Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella.
- Two Nursery Rhymes (Chinese & English): Chinese Nursery Rhymes and English Nursery Rhymes. These two books feature an excellent selection of short and sweet Chinese/English nursery rhymes perfect for babies and young children.
- Eight books of Journey to the West. Journey to the West is one of the Four Great Classical Novels of Chinese literature. It was written in the 16th century during the Ming Dynasty and attributed to Wu Cheng'en. Journey to the West has a strong background in Chinese folk religion, Chinese mythology and value systems; the pantheon of Taoist immortals and Buddhist bodhisattvas is still reflective of Chinese religious beliefs today. Enduringly popular, the tale is at once an adventure story, a spring of spiritual insight, and an extended allegory in which the group of pilgrims journeying toward India represents individuals journeying towards enlightenment.
- Eight books of Romance of the Three Kingdoms. Romance of the Three Kingdoms written by Luo Guanzhong in the 14th century, is a historical novel set amidst the turbulent years near the end of the Han Dynasty and the Three Kingdoms era of Chinese history, starting in 169 and ending with the reunification of the land in 280.
- Two Chinese Idiom Stories audiobooks. Each book features an excellent selection of the most popular Chinese idiom stories on history of humanity, fables and legends, nature and geography, dynasty suppression in history, which have significant and far-reaching impacts on Chinese cultural continuity.
- Four Easy-Read Chinese Audiobooks: Baby Loves Learning. This package includes four simple books that are excellent for baby's early education: Words, Numbers & Math, Pinyin and Bilingual Vocabulary Basics. <
For limited warranty, returns & exchanges of the E-reading pen, please see Q & A about E-Reading Pen
for more details.
Here is a demo video for 600 Chinese Characters for Preschoolers
. Please enable your computer audio and increase the speaker volume so that you can hear the sound track.
Demo Video for 600 Chinese Characters for Preschoolers (3 Easy-Read Bilingual Audiobooks)
My two-year-old daughter is using the Easy-Read pen to learn Chinese words and phrases by herself. For more information, please visit The resources my twins are using to acquire Chinese